I know how expensive it is to raise a family. That’s why I’m focused on making it easier for parents and their children to grow here in Illinois. As your State Representative, I filed legislation to create a permanent sales tax holiday on school supplies during the first 7 days of August each calendar year (HB 3201). This would give parents a discount at the register and a chance to get their students the best education they can. While Springfield politicians stopped my effort to provide relief to families, I’m still working for local students to start the school year fully prepared. From August 1st through the 15th, I will be hosting a Back to School Supply Drive to help students in our community achieve academic success! Show your support for an initiative such as HB3201 by participating in my first annual back to school drive! Supplies Being collected include Backpacks, pens, #2/mechanical pencils, pink erasers, loose paper/notebooks, highlighters, folders, binders, calculators, crayons, colored pencils, markers, glue sticks and bottles, scissors, rulers, post-it notes, tissues, antibacterial wipes, etc.
Make donations of school supplies for local students and classrooms to the following drop-off locations:
- District Office – 962 W Army Trail Rd. Carol Stream, IL 60188
- Itasca Park District – 350 Irving Park Rd. Itasca, IL 60143
- Church Street Brewery – 1480 Industrial Dr. Unit C, Itasca IL 60143
- Bloomingdale Park District – 172 S Circle Ave, Bloomingdale, IL 60108
- Hanover Park Community Center – 1919 Walnut Ave Hanover Park, IL